PeaceHealth is seeking a Physical Therapist - Oncology-Women's Health for a 0.9 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of Variable .
Req ID: 150248
PeaceHealth has a unique opportunity for a skilled Physical Therapist in Oncology-Women's Health . The position would provide treatment for women's health conditions such as incontinence, pelvic pain as well as oncology rehabilitation specializing in management of lymphatic disorders. Our ideal candidate will have experience in both lymphedema and pelvic rehab.
Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan-of-care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Physical Therapy. Provides oversight to therapy assistants and students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
1. Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, and observation and team members.
2. Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
3. Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
4. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
5. Mentors and provides oversight to new caregivers, physical therapist assistants, and therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
6. Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
7. Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate from a Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
Current Physical Therapist license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board required.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Certified Lymphedema Therapist, CLT preferred
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
Ability to assess patients' conditions and exercise independent judgment
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Southwest Medical Center (150) Job Category: Rehab Therapies Shift: Variable Shift Length: Variable FTE: 0.9 Work Type: Part Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 35.55 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Physical Therapist - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Rehab Therapies || Physical Therapy || Part Time || REHABILITATION SVCS
Internal Number: 150248
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.