The Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, under the supervision of the attending Neonatologist and Nurse Practitioner Supervisor, will provide independent advanced level clinical expertise to medically fragile high-risk neonates from admission through discharge.Duties include assessment, diagnoses and development of treatment plans for the neonatal population, attendance and management of the neonate at high risk deliveries, performing multiple procedures such as endotracheal intubations, lumbar puncture, chest tube insertions, etc.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Requisition number #052269
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• At least one year paid NNP experience in a similar setting.
• Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
• Graduation within the last 12 months from an accredited NNP Program.
• Possession of a valid CA RN and NP license.
• Master of Science in Nursing.
• NCC Board Certification as Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP-BC) within 12 months of hire.
• Has or eligible for a furnishing license.
• More than 2 years of NNP experience in a Level III NICU.
• PhD preferred.
• Must be able to work variable shifts and take calls.
• Must be able to hear well enough to make assessments of patients, receive frequent telephone calls and present educational classes.
• Must be able to speak well enough to present intramural and extramural education, provide informational offerings, and educate patients and families.
• Must be able to see well enough to read small gauges and printed materials.
• Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT.
Internal Number: 43684
About UC Davis Medical Center
UC Davis Medical Center, formerly known as Sacramento Medical Center, is a major academic health center located in Sacramento, California. It is owned and operated by the University of California as part of its University of California, Davis campus. The medical center sits on a 142-acre (57 ha) campus (often referred to as the Sacramento Campus to distinguish it from the main campus in nearby Davis) located between the Elmhurst, Tahoe Park, and Oak Park residential neighborhoods. The site incorporates the land and some of the buildings of the former Sacramento Medical Center (which was acquired from the County of Sacramento in 1973) as well as much of the land (and two buildings) previously occupied by the California State Fair until its 1967 move to a new location. We’re a nationally recognized academic medical center offering primary care for all ages, specialty care in 150 fields, and the latest treatment options and expertise for the most complex health conditions.